GRC Fours Head
24th November 2018
5km Downstream on the River Clyde.
Entries must be submitted via the online entry system by
5pm, Sunday 18th November.
Notes and conditions of entry
- There will be 2 races, over the same course: at 11:30 am and at 2:00pm.
- The races will be run under Scottish Rowing rules.
- The course is approximately 5000 metres, from approximately halfway up the Belvidere Straight to Glasgow Green.
- No “time-only” entries will be accepted. Any crew wanting to test itself is welcome to enter in an open category.
- The race is for fours and quad sculls only. No other boat classes will be accepted.
- At least three crews must race in an event for a prize to be awarded.
- There will be prizes for the fastest male crew and the fastest female crew of the day. These will not take any account of differences in the prevailing conditions during the races.
- Additionally a pennant will be awarded to the fastest crew in each event contested. Each member of a winning crew will receive an individual prize.
Junior, veteran, mixed
- Open Junior events are open to all competitors whose rowing age is less than the specified age.
- Women’s Junior events are open only to female competitors who also fulfil the age qualification.
- For Masters events, Veteran handicaps will be applied in accordance with Scottish Rowing rules. Dependant on entries, we may create more than one event (e.g. ‘B’-‘C’ and ‘E’-‘F’), however a maximum span of 3 categories (e.g. ‘C’-‘D’-‘E’) will be used when applying handicaps to the event(s) that result.
- The starting order will be arrived at by reference to the last year’s results. Any crews new to the event can expect to start at the end of their category.
Entries, fees, licences
- Entries must be made by a responsible member of the Club (e.g. Captain, Secretary) and must be received by the Entries Secretary by the closing date and time shown below. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- The online entry system will be available approx. 14 days before entries close.
- Entry fees (including Scottish Rowing levy).
- Senior events – £33.00 per crew,
- Junior events – £25.00 per crew.
- Discounted fees of £30.00 (senior) and £22.00 (junior) are offered for payment in full received with entry summaries – before race day.
- Entry fees should preferably be paid by BACS (bank transfer) to:
- Account Name: Glasgow Rowing Club
- Sort Code: 80-07-52 (Bank of Scotland)
- Account number: 00384886
- Reference: <your clubs abbreviated name e.g. GRC>
- You can also pay by cheque, payable to Glasgow Rowing Club, and post to the race secretary at the address below in advance of race day. Please write the club abbreviated name on the reverse of the cheque.
- All competitors must possess a current racing licence issued by Scottish Rowing (or other governing body).
- Please note that any competitor racing under a ‘foreign’ licence must race for a club that belongs to the body that issued the licence, i.e. you may not race for a Scottish club unless you are in possession of a Scottish licence.
- Licence numbers must be supplied or else competitors may need to apply for a Scottish Rowing Day Ticket.
- Crews are permitted to substitute UP TO 50% of the crew on race day. This substitution MUST be notified to Race Control on the day prior to racing.
- Race secretary: Peter Davison – email@example.com
The Boathouse, Silverfir St, Glasgow G5 0JZ - FAO Glasgow Rowing Club