2010 Glasgow Spring Regatta
Main Sponsor: Yorkshire Building Society
To be held under Scottish
Rowing rules on Saturday 17th April 2010 on the River Clyde
over a downstream course of 1150 m.
ENTRIES CLOSE ON SUNDAY 11th APRIL At 3:00 pm.
Senior £6, Junior £4, coxes free.
Notes and conditions of entry
- "Club" eights - this is a 'Mixed' event,
i.e. 4 women, 4 men. Additionally, each crew must include at least 2
junior and 2 veteran rowers. The crew status must not be higher than
- Mixed events - half of the crew of either sex, e.g.
for fours there must be 2 men and 2 women.
- OpJu events - these are open to crews comprising
junior competitors, of either sex, that meet the applicable age requirement.
- Please remember that since the rule change agreed at the SARA AGM of
- Restricted 1 status means the crew average is
no more than 6 points and
- Restricted 2 status means the crew average is
no more than 2 points.
- Veteran events
- Veteran Res2 events will be run with
- Where no status is quoted, Veteran events will
be run using the standard SR handicapping system.
- Where possible, handicapped events will be held within a single
category, or else over a maximum
of 3 adjacent categories using the standard handicapping
- Alden sculls will race over a short course of approximately
250m. All other events will race over the full course.
- Entry fees -
- Senior - £6.00 per seat, excluding coxes.
- Junior - £4.00 per seat, excluding coxes.
- NB! - these are the fees for payment BEFORE THE DAY OF THE REGATTA. An additional £0.50 per
seat will be charged for payment on the day.
Send your payment (to 'Glasgow Rowing Club') with your entries summary, to:
- Alistair Browne
115 Barons Hill Ave.,
West Lothian EH49 7JQ
- Entry fees incorporate the SR levy.
- Entries must be made by a responsible member of the
Club (e.g. Captain, Secretary) and must be received by the Entries Secretary
by Sunday, 11th April 2010 at 3.00 p.m. NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED.
- The draw will be made at the above address on Monday
12 April at 6:30pm.
- All competitors must possess a current racing licence issued
by SR (or other governing body). Licence numbers must be supplied or
else competitors may need to apply for a SR Day Ticket.
- Multiple Entries will be accepted,
however more than 2 events per competitor may result in very short turn-around
- No extra allowance will be made for crews sharing equipment.
- Every crew should expect to race at least twice in any event entered:
- Any event with only 3 entries will be run as a 'round-robin' contest,
i.e. each crew will race both others. In the event of a tie after all
three races, a tie-breaker race involving all 3 crews will be held, over
500m from the top of the finish straight to the finish line.
- All other events will be in the usual, knockout, format.
- A 'plate' competition will be held for crews that are knocked out in the first race of any event with four
or more entries. (More information.)
- Once entries are closed, if any event has less than 3 entries the crews
may be entered into the next highest event, if applicable and if the
crews are willing*. Events with fewer than 3 entries may be cancelled.
We do not intend to run any 2-boat events.
- *Please indicate at time of entry if you do NOT wish your crew to be
entered in the next higher event if too few entries are received.